The Fathers Love
1 John 2:15
Love not the world, nor the things in the world. If any man love the world the love of the Father is not in him.
1.What does God warn us not to love?
2. Are we to love things ?
3.If we love the things in the world,what love dont we have?
4.What does it mean the love of the Father?
5.Can we love both the world and the Father at the same time?
6. If we do something God tells us not to, would it not hurt us?
7. May we conclude that to know the love of God keeps the spirit of the world from overcoming us?
1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world,the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father,but is of the world.
1.What three things does God say are in the world right now?
2. Who are these things not from?
3. Where can we conclude these things are from?
4. How can we recognize them operating in the world?
5.How are the love of passion, possession, and position described in this verse?
1 John 2:17
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof ; but he that depth the will of God abideth forever.
1. What is sure to perish?
2. What is in the world that will pass away with it?
3.Why did God tell us then not to love the world?
4.As we do Gods will what can we be sure our destiny will be?
Wherein in times past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.
1. What does it mean to walk according to the course of this world?
2.Who is the prince of this world? What does "prince" imply?
3. Where is that spirit at work in the earth?
1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given unto us by God.
1.What two spirits does this say we could receive?
2. Which spirit have we received?
3.What does this spirit allow us to do?
4. Is there any room for guessing about what we know when we have the spirit of God?
5. What may we know freely now?
6. How can we tell the difference between the spirit of the world and the spirit of God?
7. What are the things freely given to us by God?
8.What gifts has He freely given to you?
1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
1. Who has bestowed love upon us?
2. What manner of love it this?
3.What are we called now? And before ?
4. What kind of relationship does sonship imply?
5.Since we are sons of God, who does not recognize us?
6.Are we greater than Jesus?
7.Why doesn't the world know us or hear us then?
Jesus always compared the world and the Father as complete opposites. He sees them as two distinct and opposing kingdoms. One functions in pride, lust, and deception, the other says if any man come after Me let Him deny Himself. One leads to death, one to everlasting glory.
Illustrated Bible Studies......Seeds Home Page......Free Tract Page.......Browser Tracts......Jumpstart Bible Studies.....Friends Home Page......John 3:16 page.....Jesus Cards Page......List of Christian Tract Publishers.....Our Favorite Links......Internationsal Tracts Page