For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has shown it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made even His eternal power.,so they are without excuse.
1. How does ungodliness in our lives hold the truth of God down?
2. Has God shown himself to every man?
3. How has God shown himself to every man?
4.What does this leave every man without?
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,neither were they thankful, but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. And changed the glory of the incorruptible God to an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts and creeping things.
1. What did they fail to do when they knew,[understood] God?
2. What was their attitude towards God? Were they humble and grateful?
3. What happened to their mind and heart as a result? [the meaning of the word darkness in Greek is ignorance],[Satan is the prince of darkness, this is where he reigns and operates] [imagination in the Greek means logic and reasoning.,meaning the mind]
4. What did they think of themselves for not knowing God now?
5. What did they really become in Gods eyes?
6. What happened to the true image of God in their hearts now?
7. How does Satan work today to mar Gods image in our minds?
Romans 1: 24-27
Wherefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts,to dishonour their bodies between themselves. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the creator, who is blessed forever . For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in lust for one another.
1. What did God give them up to?
2. What was in their hearts already?
3. What did they change the truth of God into?
4.Who did they begin to worship?
5.Who are we meant to worship? Who else can we worship?
6. What did God then give them up to?
7. What does vile mean? [vile: filthy, dirty, moral defilement]
8.What kind of lifestyle did this bring about?
Romans 1: 28-31
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things that are not convenient;being filled with all unrighteousness , fornication, wickedness,covetousness, full of envy, murder, debate, deceit,whisperers., backbiters, haters of God , despiteful proud ,boasters,inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding,covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable,unmerciful. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same but have pleasure in them that do them.
1.What did they not retain in their minds?
2. What kind of mind did God give them over to?
3.What does reprobate mean? It means rejected, a mind of which God cannot approve,men whose moral sense is perverted, whose minds are beclouded with their own speculation and not the truth of the gospel. Reprobate can also mean not being able to tell right from wrong, and this is the medical term for one who is insane. Salvation also means soundness. So we can see the truth of God is salvation to our minds as well as our spirits. And the opposite works in us as well.
4. Now having a mind that is away from God, is subject to what kinds of sins of the flesh? Not being able to tell the difference, we are subjects to most anything the devil has to offer.
5. What did they do in spite of knowing the judgment of God?
6. What was their attitude towards others who sinned?
7. What does that say about the progression of sin and how it spreads to other people when we continue in it?
We can learn that if we do not glorify God,our hearts will become hardened, and darkness will come to our minds. Posing as wisdom, this darkened reasoning apart from God is really complete foolishness that leads to sin and hell. But first it will vaunt itself as intellectualism, independence or a host of other hell bound philosophies to puff people up and make them feel superior and right. Satan has to make his devices popular and enticing in order for him to succeed. When in true reality, which is Gods eyes, any philosophy apart from God will destroy us. Look carefully at the progression in these scriptures,this is very important. First there is a careless, thankless attitude towards God,who has revealed Himself in nature to every man , to say the least. Which does not seem like a great great big sin, but it leads on to a darkened mind and heart. Now when that happens, we become as one insane, who cannot tell right from wrong , and then all manner of sin will enter,and God gives us over to them. The sins listed in this scripture are many and they will do nothing less that take over and destroy. Many wonder how disease has entered their lives and how destruction has come to them, but it began the day they did not give God His place in their lives . But there is always hope in Christ, If we confess our sins, he is faithful to cleanse us from all unrighteousness .
Illustrated Bible Studies......Seeds Home Page......Free Tract Page.......Browser Tracts......Jumpstart Bible Studies.....Friends Home Page......John 3:16 page.....Jesus Cards Page......List of Christian Tract Publishers.....Our Favorite Links......Internationsal Tracts Page